Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Three days and counting...

Dear family and friends,
I thought it might be fun to try a blog of our vacation and it will also serve as my diary! This way I can let all of you know at the same time, YOUR time, when you feel like hearing (or NOT hearing) about our escapades. The first couple of days will be mundane driving to Colorado Springs then it might get interesting. We are planning on going up Pike's Peak and seeing what else we might see. We got a magazine from the chamber of commerce and books from the library. Then on to Arizona so David can take a hike (for real) into the Grand Canyon. Our last stop will be Las Vegas and a visit to Hoover Dam. David is also worried I'll lose all our money at the slot machines. We'll see.
Until we get going...Thanks for your prayers for our safety.

3 comments:

  1. Colorado is beautiful! I haven't been to Grand Canyon (they have installed an observation deck out OVER the Canyon....) for a while. There is also a new bridge by Hoover Dam. I can't wait to see pictures!!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go! Wait for me. I can be packed in 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hoover Dam's new bridge is VERY high - it's really cool though. It wasn't done the last time we were there but I can't wait to go over it!! All the places you are going are amazing you'll have an awesome time!!

    ReplyDelete