Saturday, June 26, 2010

I fought the Canyon and the Canyon won!


The day started out picture perfect, sunny and hot, just the way I like it. I was 3 hours into my hike of the Canyon, close to 3 1/2 to 4 miles down the trail. Much to my dismay, my knees, calves and ankles, mainly my right leg but left some too, began to fail me. I had two choices, spend $3,000 (so I was told) to be helicoptered out of the Canyon or sit down, rest and see it I could walk uphill as I knew I could not take another step downhill. (Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be...)♫
Fortunately for Aliese (she still has money for Vegas) I was able to muster the strength to climb up and out. Funny how all that work last winter on the treadmill with the the incline saved me but I failed to train my muscles for the downhill part of the trip. Bottom line: no regrets, awesome Canyon, just probably won't do it again. See facebook for my pics.

1 comment: