Thursday, June 24, 2010

Monument Valley

Pictures are up on facebook finally. Thanks to all who enjoy them and have gone on this journey with us. I told David he was going to do the blog tonight but I took so long doing the pictures he went to bed! He does have to drive tomorrow. He likes to. We left Durango, Co this a.m. and it was pleasing-ly cool. Love the higher elevation. We went to Kayenta to pick up my phone at our hotel. Yes....I left it at home. That's another story. Our darling daughter ran it to the post office on Monday and now I'm reconnected. I don't know David's phone real well and it's just good to have mine. Besides, we needed it for David to call me once he gets out of the Grand Canyon for me to come pick him up. Oh he is so excited about his hike. DO PRAY he enjoys it and LIVES to tell :-) He's asleep so I can write what I want.
We went through Monument Valley after lunch this afternoon as far as my stomach could handle. The roads were atrocious and we were 1/2 afraid of what it might do to our vehicle. If we'd have gone on a jeep ride tour, I know I'd have tossed my cookies, seriously. I don't even think Dramamine would have helped. We took lots of pics and have the internet to see the ones we missed up close. The weather was 90 + and not humid but I dripped sweat just getting out to look at some Indian jewelry. I got a couple things from one of the Indians that were making them (surprise, not from China) and asked her what her name was. She said Pam. I was so disappointed. I was hoping for some cool Indian name like "One who strings bead" or Maiden of the desert. David was along to interpret so it would have been fun. Oh well.
We drove 20 miles back to Kayenta, took a dip in the pool. I about made myself sick treading water and swimming about for 20 minutes in the wind and sun. BUT, never fear mother, once I had my good supper, grilled chicken salad, I was revived and we are now ready for another day.
Until tomorrow. Happy Trails to YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment