Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Actual Wednesday post


Last night we didn't have wifi as we were in the boonies so here is today's offering. See facebook for more pics. These just load too slow in the motel here.
Has your spouse ever said, Hey we're going to go to this really neat place and you are saying to yourself in my case, "Why would I want to go to the Great Sand Dunes in the summertime when I hate to even go outside when it's hot let alone my bumb knees walking on sand???" Well I didn't say anything and found myself there this morning. We got out at the Dunes and it was COLD! Once we started walking out there on the sand, there was the creek that David knew was there but I hadn't bothered to ask about. We walked the Dunes and had the best time!!!!!!! The sand was firm enough I could walk just fine and with the help of the treking pole, I wasn't afraid my knee would buckle. We went up pretty high but didn't have the summit as our goal. Then we walked in the creek for a long time. It was beautiful, cool in the stream when the temperature got hotter and we stayed 2 1/2 hours and sorta hated to leave. What adventurers we are.
On our way to Durango, we drove through Wolf Creek Pass and stopped at the Continental Divide, whatever that is! Some bikers from Kansas took our picture for us. I'd like to put it in right here but I don't know how to do it.
Once we got to Durango this evening, we ate at Applebees. Yum. Tried to find a local hot spot on line but we were just too tired to clean up and dress up and knew Applebees would take us as we were. Besides, they'll never see us again!

No comments:

Post a Comment