Saturday, June 26, 2010

The big day is finally here


He sure hopes he hasn't underestimated the Canyon and overestimated himself. That is his statement before headed out. He has a perfect day if this morning was any indication. Not a cloud in the sky. After watching it rain yesterday and feeling how cold it can be, he's hoping for a dry day and maybe a little cloud for shade later on. David told me he hopes he isn't on the 5:00 news: Man helicoptered out of Canyon... I know he can do it. The chance of a lifetime. Too bad he didn't think of taking a pic of me with my Mastercard in hand. Nobody up here to tell me no!!!! Gift shops here I come. I've gotta quit this blog and putting pics on facebook as I'm burning daylight and the shops have been open since 8:00 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually spent a little over an hour walking the rim and finding it exhilarating to be almost alone in a place so vast and magnificent. There were a few runners and photobugs about but it was very peaceful and I thought of Del's favorite song, Majesty, Worship His Majesty! I had myself a little songfest. I can't imagine how David is going to feel when he comes up and tells me all he's seen. Ohhh Aaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment