Saturday, June 25, 2011

I fought the canyon & the canyon won, AGAIN!

David choose the title. Find the humor in it with us. His training paid off though as his legs held up just fine. He went four miles down and was within 1/2 mile of his goal, Indian Gardens BUT, the heat was just too intense & he knew it was time to go back to the top. His thought on the way up was this was strenuous on steroids!
I had gone 25 miles away to the Desert Tower to enjoy the canyon from that perspective. But, I had no cell phone signal and felt the need to be back by 12:30. I got back to the same store I was in last year and my phone rang again with a similar message. Time to pick him up. I am so proud of David and his accomplishment. It's fun to have goals and he did his best.
Thanks for following his trek with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment